- Prof. Dr. Nikos Lavranos, LLM
- Secretary-General of the European Federation for Investment Law and Arbitration – EFILA www.efila.org
- Founder of NL-Investmentconsulting www.nl-investmentconsulting.com
Fields of specialization:
- International Investment Law and Arbitration
- WTO law
- EU law
- Public International Law
- Prof. Dr. Nikos Lavranos, LLM (1971) is the first Secretary General of the European Federation for Investment Law and Arbitration (EFILA) in Brussels.
- He is also founder of NL-Investmentconsulting. He regularly advises investors and states in arbitration disputes. Currently, he acts as legal advisor for NautaDutilh, Consultant for Billiet & Co Lawyers and as Of Counsel for Wöss & Partners.
- He is listed as Arbitrator and Mediator at the Vienna International Arbitration Centre (VIAC); Mediator for the Energy Community; Mediator for the Asia International Arbitration Centre.
- Previously, he worked as a Senior Policy Advisor and Chief Negotiator responsible for all Dutch BITs at the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs in The Hague. He also represented the Netherlands in the Trade Policy Committee when TTIP, CETA and EU-Singapore FTAs were negotiated. He also represented the Netherlands at the OECD Investment Committee, UNCITRAL and UNCTAD.
- Before that, he was a Max Weber Fellow at the European University Institute (EUI) in Florence, Italy, and a Senior Researcher and Assistant Professor at the University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands. He received both his Ph.D. in Law and LL.M.-degree (with distinction) from Maastricht University, the Netherlands and a Law degree from J.W. Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany.
- Together with Prof. Loukas Mistelis, Nikos is Co-Editor-in-Chief of the European Investment Law and Arbitration Review (EILA Rev), which is published under the auspices of EFILA and Queen Mary University of London.
- He is permanent contributor to the Kluwer Arbitration Blog, Practical Law Arbitration Blog and Borderlex.