- Director in the Immigration and Social Security Compliance Department in Global Employer Services (GES) division in Brussels (Diegem)
Fields of specialization:
- Global Immigration Services
- International Social Law
Director in the Immigration and Social Security Compliance Department in Global Employer Services (GES) division in Brussels (Diegem).
More than 10 years of experience in international mobility services for many companies including a wide range of major multinationals with operations in Belgium. From 2004 till 2011, Matthias worked for the employment law department at the law firm Laga, where he provided individual and collective labour law, international social security and migration law advice.
- Working out different international employment scenarios, based upon the international employment situation;
- Application and renewal of work permits;
- Application for professional cards for self-employed foreign nationals;
- Assistance relating to residence issues;
- Visa application advice;
- Tailored social security and labour law advice in the framework of international mobility;
- Outsourcing of immigration specialists;
- On site client-training.
Professional Qualifications and Affiliations
- Master’s degree Social Law ULB
- Master’s degree in Law KUL & Universita degli Studi di Siena
- Member of the Belgian Japan association (Editorial committee)
- Member of the Belgian Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Member of the Flanders Chinese Chamber of Commerce