- Professor, International Islamic University Islamabad, Pakistan
- Vice President, Female Campus International Islamic University Islamabad
- Member Council of Islamic Ideology (Ministry of Law & Justice) Pakistan
Fields of specialization:
- International Law of Trade & Human Rights
- International Labor Standards
- International and Comparative Law
- Education during the Arm Conflict and Internal disturbance (Humanitarian Law)
- A National Peace Narrative of Pakistan (Dukhtaran-e-Pakistan) Role of Pakistani Women in Peace Building.
Farkhanda Zia is Senior Professor of Law at International Islamic University Islamabad, Pakistan where she is teaching and carries out research on the development of Peace & Harmony and for the better reconstruction of Pakistani Society through avoiding extremism and sectarianism. She is a Member of the Council of Islamic Ideology (Ministry of Law & Justice) Pakistan. This institution provides opinion on policy making and reviews the Laws of countries and give recommendations.
She was a Research Fellow at Brunel University, West London and Research fellow at the British Institute of International and Comparative Law in the UK. Prior to becoming an academic, she successfully completed her professional training as a lawyer and became an advocate in 1988. She was called to the Bar and became a member of the Abbottabad Bar Association in the same year.
In 1989 she joined the International Islamic University Islamabad, Pakistan as a Lecturer in Law. She possesses LLB and LLM degrees from IIUI, LLM and PhD Degree in Law from the University of Hull, UK. She has published extensively in various branches of Islamic, International and Comparative Law. She is a Member of the Society of Legal Scholars (SLS) of the United Kingdom.
She is fluent in Urdu, English and Arabic.Back to overview